Popular websites to compress PDF Files for Free
The process to compress and reduce PDF file size is similar for most of the above-mentioned websites:
- Open the website and choose or ‘drag and drop’ the PDF Files you want to upload.
- Wait until the website compresses your files, and then locate the Download
- Some websites allow you to directly download the files, while others send it to your email address.
Compress PDF Files for free on Android and iOS
You can use all the above-mentioned online tools on your device. With Android, you need to open the desired PDF file from internal storage or cloud services. On iOS, however, the file must be saved on a supported cloud storage service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive etc.
Compress PDF Files for free on Windows
One popular free Windows software app to compress PDFs is 4Dots Free PDF Compress, which supports Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Here’s how it works:
- Open the app.
- Tap Add button, and select or drag and drop the files.
- Select an output folder and image quality, and hit Compress.
Compress PDF Files for free on macOS
The in-built Preview app on macOS eliminates the need to download any app to reduce a PDF’s file size.
Here’s how you can compress a PDF file on macOS for free:
- Open a PDF in Preview or just double-click it.
- Tap File > Export.
- Select Reduce File Size, under the Quartz Filter
- Select an export location, and click Save.