Join us as we walk you through 5 of our favourite PS4 tips to help you make the most of this brilliant gaming console.
#5 Play games on Mac or Windows
If you have a strong Wi-Fi connection, you can play PS4 games remotely on a Mac or Windows system.
From Settings, go to Remote Play Connection Settings and make sure the Enable Remote Play option is enabled.
#4 Use the PlayStation app for messaging
Download any PlayStation app available for download on Android and iOS and use it to communicate freely with fellow gamers without having to close the game midway or even having the console switched on. To top it off, you can also use the mobile app as a second screen as well as a remote control for your PS4. Here’s how:
- Select Settings > Play Station App Connection Settings > Add Device.
- Choose Connect to PS4 > Second Screen from inside the mobile app.
#3 Use Voice Commands
If you want to control your PS4 by means of your voice, you can use either the mic in the PlayStation Camera or a headset microphone. Both work equally well.
- Go to Settings > Sytem.
- Enable the Operate PS4 with Voice option on the Voice Operation Settings
#2 Save to a USB stick.
If you want a little more space on your hard drive, or plan to back up your gaming accomplishments and trophies, you can easily transfer all your saved game data to a USB hard drive.
- Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management and choose where you’d want to move data. You can also save screenshots to a USB drive by selecting Capture Gallery from the main PS4 menu, browsing the images and tapping
#1 Set up Parental Controls for your kids.
You can restrict your children’s access to PS4 features by setting up separate accounts for them on Windows.
- Head to Settings > Parental Controls > Restrict Use of PS4 Features.
- Configure the desired settings.